It’s a sunny day in Myrtle Beach, you’ve got your swimsuit and sunscreen on, and you’ve got a full day to spend in the water. The most important decision you have to make is whether to hit the beach or the pool — the great debate for millions of Grand Strand vacationers annually.
Guests at Bay View on the Boardwalk have an even tougher choice between the two great options. With easy access to the beach and the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, as well as to a spacious indoor/outdoor oceanfront pool deck, both are tempting selections. Here are a few of the pros and cons Bay View guests must consider when choosing between a day at the beach or the pool:
* Atmosphere: Let’s be honest; when it comes to a fun and enjoyable environment, it’s hard to go wrong here. The beach has the soft, white sand, crashing waves and singing seagulls, while the oceanfront deck has pools, hot tubs, kid-friendly water features and the lazy river. The beach offers more room to spread out and soak up some rays, while the pool deck is a great place to kick back with a good book and take a cooling dip between chapters. The tiebreaker here is the bars — pool bars are a dime a dozen, but beach bars can only be found on the coast. Advantage: Beach.
* Convenience: Here’s another category that’s relevant to Bay View guests. Yes, the beach is just a short stroll away in your vacation backyard, but the indoor and outdoor pool areas are even closer, just a few steps from the elevator. Of course, the beach area can require more accessories, such as beach chairs, blankets and toys, while a trip to the pool requires just a towel, and those are provided poolside. There’s also the matter of bathroom breaks, and Bay View offers easy access from both spots — just closer to the pool area. Advantage: Pool.
* Games: This one is no contest … well, actually lots of contests, at least for the beach. The sand and surf provide plenty of opportunities for fun and games, such as cornhole, bocce, ladder toss, volleyball and other stick-and-ball sports. Oh yeah, let’s not forget about bodyboarding, surfing, beachcombing and building sand castles. The beach is nature’s ultimate playground, while the man-made pool is a bit more restrictive — allowing games like Marco Polo, Sharks and Minnows, cannonball contests … you get the point. Advantage: Beach.
* Relaxation: The beach is perhaps the most relaxing place on the planet for ocean lovers. The sound of the waves, the smell of the salty sea, the feel of the ocean breeze blowing in your hair and the soft sand between your toes — it all adds up to the perfect place for peace and tranquility. But what if you could enjoy the same scenic view and vibe without the salt and sand, all the while sitting poolside, sipping a frozen drink and relaxing in the lounge chairs and cool pool water? This one’s close one, but … Advantage: Pool.
* Weather: Mother Nature weighs in on the debate, and she factors heavily into the answer. On those days that are too hot, cold or rainy for a swim in the ocean, you have no choice but to seek shelter and swim in Bay View’s covered pool area. But on those picture-perfect days that we see a lot of in the fall, you just can’t beat the beach. Besides, you can go for a walk on the beach, but who wants to walk around the pool? This one depends on the weather and can go either way. Verdict: Tie.
That’s the beauty of the great beach vs. pool debate: The answer is a matter of personal preference. There are no losers here, only winners. Fortunately for guests at Bay View on the Boardwalk, you can enjoy both the beach and the pool — and go back and forth as you please. Whether you prefer the pool or the beach, Bay View Resort is the perfect place to enjoy the best of both watery worlds.