Black Friday has become like an Olympic sport for some holiday shoppers, especially those who celebrate the biggest retail holiday of the year in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. After spending Thanksgiving Day with family and friends during a weekend getaway to the beach, it’s time to go Christmas shopping for them on Black Friday at some of the Grand Strand’s many malls, shopping districts and retail centers.
Guests at Bay View on the Boardwalk not only have easy access to great shopping just steps away along the adjoining Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, but they are also located in convenient proximity to one of the hottest spots on the local retail map — Coastal Grand Mall. In addition to a wide range of major national chains and popular anchor stores, Coastal Grand Mall also offers lots of opportunities to refuel during your long shopping day. Take a break from all the bargain hunting to have a tasty meal or a quick pick-me-up at one of these Coastal Grand Mall restaurants:
* Breakfast: Before a marathon day of shopping, a good breakfast really is the best way to start your day. Cracker Barrel and the nearby Waffle House are open before the stores open their doors and offer a hearty breakfast that will stick with you during a hectic day. For a more local experience, Joe’s Diner by the Airport is a nice stopover on your way between Coastal Grand Mall and The Market Common.
* Lunch: If your tummy starts to rumble while you’re standing in the checkout line, it’s time to make a run to the food court for some hot and fast grub, like a burger from Hwy 55, Asian cuisine from China Express or a sandwich from Charley’s Philly Steaks. But if you can make it to the end of your mall visit, there are several great lunch locations around the mall, such as McAlister’s Deli for soup, salads, sandwiches, fresh-baked goodies and some of the best sweet tea on the planet. Five Guys Burgers & Fries is another winner.
* Dinner: Some Black Friday shoppers prefer to get a late start and let all the early birds battle it out for bargains in the early morning hours. For these savvy shoppers, a nice sit-down dinner is the perfect end to a more casual bargain-hunting trip. Go international at Abuelo’s (Mexican), Lil Tokyo (Asian) or the nearby Maggi D’s (Italian), or go American at Red Robin, Texas Roadhouse or the nearby Golden Corral.
* Coffee & Sweets: Enjoy Black Friday with some cream and sugar at one of the many coffee houses in and around Coastal Grand Mall. Take a refreshing break from shopping with your favorite beverage from Starbucks or Java Xpresso, or treat yourself to something sweet at Auntie Anne’s (pretzels) or Mrs. Fields (cookies).
* Spa: Give your poor feet a rest and treat yourself to some much-deserved rest and relaxation at one of the spas and salons at Coastal Grand Mall. Carmen! Carmen! Prestige Spa & Salon offers a wide range of services, from manicures and pedicures to hair, skin and nail care. Other places to spoil yourself on Black Friday are Miracle Nails, Regis Salon, JC Penney Salon and the nearby Famous Nails.
Coastal Grand Mall also offers other distractions from your holiday shopping, like the Cinemark of Myrtle Beach 14-theater complex and the Jungle Fun Arcade. But the ultimate place to go to relax after a long Black Friday is back to your vacation home away from home at Bay View on the Boardwalk. Knock out your holiday shopping and get a much-needed mini-vacation on Thanksgiving Day weekend with us at Bay View on the Boardwalk.