So, how long has it been since you scratched an item off your bucket list? If you are like most busy Americans, your bucket keeps filling up and will eventually overflow if you keep adding to your list of things to do faster than you can actually do them. It’s time to draw a line in the Grand Strand sand and start knocking out your bucket list in true Myrtle Beach fashion.
Featuring 60 miles of beachfront along the Atlantic coastline, more than 80 golf courses within a one-hour drive, and countless fun-filled attractions and thrill rides to choose from, the Grand Strand is the perfect place for vacationers to take advantage of the opportunity to try something different. Stay in the comfort of Bay View on the Boardwalk, and step outside your comfort zone with one of these popular bucket-list activities in 2017:
* Carolina Country Music Fest: Ever wish you could see award-winning country artists like Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney and Darius Rucker in concert? Imagine seeing all three perform, along with 30 or more additional acts, on the same weekend on the Myrtle Beach oceanfront. Bay View on the Boardwalk gives guests a front-row seat to all the action on the downtown stages – located a short walk down Ocean Boulevard or the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk from the resort – for the June 8-11 event.
* Extreme Sports: A desire to fly like a bird and swim like a fish is part of the human spirit, and Myrtle Beach offers plenty of chances to do both. Go parasailing over the Atlantic Ocean or take a helicopter tour of the coast to get a seagull’s-eye view of the Strand. For those who prefer underwater fun, Coastal Scuba provides all the gear and instruction you need to explore the ocean depths. A deep-sea fishing trip out to the Gulf Stream is another must-do addition to your list.
* Golf Getaway: How often do you and your golf buddies get together at the 19th hole after a round and blow smoke about taking a golf trip to Myrtle Beach? It’s time to stop talking and tee it up, especially during the height of the spring golf season. The dream trip might not cost as much as you think. Golf packages offer big savings on accommodations at Bay View on the Boardwalk, as well as discounted rates on greens fees at some of the Grand Strand’s top courses. Get your group together and make it happen this year.
* Myrtle Beach Marathon: One of the most common bucket-list items is the goal of running a marathon, and Myrtle Beach is one of the most popular places to do so. The 20th Annual Myrtle Beach Marathon is rated as one of the favorites in the Southeast, and it’s a popular race for first-timers thanks to its flat course and the area’s moderate temperatures during the Match 3-4 race weekend. Not ready to tackle the full 26.2 miles quite yet? Work your way up at the companion 5K and half-marathon events.
* Thrill Rides: Some folks associate their bucket list with overcoming fear, and Myrtle Beach has lots of amusement parks and thrill rides to get your adrenaline pumping. Located in the downtown district, within short walking distances of Bay View on the Boardwalk, the Sling Shot and the Skyscraper are as scary as they come. Family Kingdom’s Swamp Fox is one of the nation’s oldest wooden roller coasters still in operation, and there are several new, more modern rides to try. For the more faint of heart, go for a ride to the top of the 190-foot Myrtle Beach SkyWheel.
After scratching one or more items off your bucket list, come back to Bay View on the Boardwalk and relax. It’s the ideal ending to a memorable day and the perfect place to host your next vacation adventure.