Guests at Bay View on the Boardwalk don’t have to drive to a retail complex to go on a shopping spree, not with the recent explosion of unique stores opening up in the neighborhood. The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, a 1.3-mile walkway that runs along the beachfront through the heart of the downtown district, is our guests’ path to great shopping opportunities just steps away.
Located in the center of all the action in downtown Myrtle Beach, Bay View’s guests can stroll down the Boardwalk, the beach or Ocean Boulevard to lots of attractions, entertainment, dining, and non-stop shopping. The abundance of options can turn a shopping trip into a family activity as the little ones can hit the arcades or Plyler Park while the adults hit the stores.
Whether you are simply browsing for gift ideas or stocking up on souvenirs for the family, you will find plenty of places that offer both, including beachwear stores, T-shirt shops and specialty outlets. Here are a few of the more popular stores you will find along the stretch of the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and within a short walk of your vacation home at Bay View:
- Beachwear Stores: There are too many of these to list them all, but you will recognize the names of national chains like Eagles, Wings, and Pacific. You can find all your beach and souvenir needs at these discount shops, from beach towels and toys to T-shirts and flip-flops. A few others stand out, such as LandShark Surf Shack at the base of the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel. Here you will find lots of items related to Jimmy Buffet and his own line of beer. Surf’s Up and Tsunami Surf Shop offer a wide variety of water sports apparel and gear.
- Gay Dolphin Gift Cove: This legendary store fits in its own category. Open since 1946, the Gay Dolphin features more than 26,000 square feet of shopping and literally thousands of unique items. Find sharks’ teeth, seashells, T-shirts, toys and more than you can imagine spread out over seven levels. The top floor has a stairwell to a crow’s nest that offers scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean and the downtown district.
- General Store & Grocery: For all the one-of-a-kind items you will find at stores along the Boardwalk, sometimes you just need the basics. Never fear as this general store and mini-mart gives guests the chance to pick up a few things without embarking on a trip to a major retail or grocery store. This place also carries a few specialty items, such as sunscreen and over-the-counter medicines for minor emergencies.
- I Love Sugar: The ginger bread house from fairy tales have nothing on this palace dedicated to the sweet taste of sugar. Featuring a wide selection of chocolates, candies, gummy bears and jelly beans, I Love Sugar can cure your sugar fix. Patrons can pick up a plastic bag and fill it up with their favorites. The bag is weighed when you check out so you can pay by the pound. There are also pre-packaged candy bars and other treats available.
- T-shirts: “My grandparents went to Myrtle Beach and all I got was this stinking T-shirt.” That’s just one of the many popular sayings you will find printed on T-shirts at the various shops on the Boardwalk. T-shirt Kings and the University of Rock N Roll are among the larger suppliers, while Airbrush 66 and Cool Airbrush can personalize your shirts for a memorable Myrtle Beach souvenir.
Best of all, you don’t have to carry your bags very far to return back to the comfort of your room at Bay View Resort, Myrtle Beach. Take a dip in the pool or hot tub, or relax on your private balcony overlooking the ocean while you recover from a fun day of shopping on the Boardwalk.