Going out to dinner with a large group in Myrtle Beach is a real treat — if you can find a table with enough seats. Large parties can have a hard time enjoying dinner together as a group, as the restaurant staff often scramble to assemble smaller tables into family-style seating. Advance reservations are ideal, or Bay View On The Boardwalk guests can check out these six nearby, group-friendly establishments. Whether you’re celebrating a family reunion or going on a group outing, these delicious and spacious restaurants can accommodate you and your crew:
* Angelo’s Steak & Pasta: This popular spot recently relocated to a larger facility a few blocks away on South Kings Highway. After more than doubling its seating and parking capacity, Angelo’s can now easily accommodate the crowds that swear by the slogan “The Greatest Steaks in the Universe.” Angelo’s also offers a wide selection of Italian dishes and a buffet, so everyone in your group can find something that tickles their taste buds.
* Damon’s Grill: Oceanfront dining is always in high demand, but Damon’s on South Ocean Boulevard has plenty of seating to accommodate parties of most any size. Featuring an open-air patio overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and large, pane-glass windows for nice views from inside, Damon’s also boasts a diverse menu of steaks, seafood and their world-famous ribs to satisfy even the pickiest members of your group.
* Liberty Brewery & Grill: An evening out at Broadway at the Beach is perfect for groups, since the wide selection of attractions, entertainment, shopping and nightlife provides plenty of options. But for large parties, dining out at Broadway can be a challenge at some of the smaller restaurants. That’s no problem at Liberty, which has a large dining area, bar and front patio deck. Liberty also offers one of the most diverse menus at Broadway to keep everyone in your group happy.
* Magnolia’s at 26th: This restaurant known for its bountiful country buffet is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so your group can enjoy any meal at Magnolia’s at the corner of North Ocean Boulevard and 26th Avenue North. Located on the ground floor of a hotel and conference center, Magnolia’s offers lots of space and seating for parties of nearly any size. The buffet, a Southern-style smorgasbord, features a variety of country-cooking classics, like fried chicken, smothered steak, mashed potatoes, and countless veggies and desserts. The Sunday brunch is one of the best on the Grand Strand.
* Pier House Restaurant: Bay View guests can take a short stroll down the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk to the Second Avenue Pier to one of the best combinations of views and food in the downtown district. Located over the ocean on the pier, this cozy café is a great place to gather with friends and family members. The Pier House is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so large parties can make their plans around peak traffic.
* Sea Captain’s House: This legendary seaside restaurant is famous for its Southern-style seafood and down-home charm. Located in an old beach house on North Ocean Boulevard, the restaurant’s views are as awesome as its food. Try the house special shrimp and grits, the she-crab soup or the seafood platters that have been packing the house for more than 65 years. For a memorable group outing, book this meal in advance and enjoy a private function in an ideal setting.
Just as these great restaurants are perfect for groups to dine, Bay View Resort is the place to stay for large parties looking for good times. Located in the heart of downtown Myrtle Beach, Bay View offers easy access to all the fun things to do on the beach, the Boulevard and the Boardwalk, as well as excellent on-site amenities to keep everyone entertained. We look forward to hosting your group at Bay View Resort.