Longtime Myrtle Beach visitors already know how many fun things there are to do and see on the Grand Strand, but they are in store for even more in 2017. Whether you are returning to the scene of past good times or making a first-time visit, you will find even more entertainment, dining and shopping attractions to choose from during your trip to Myrtle Beach in 2017.
Guests at Bay View on the Boardwalk are in the perfect position to check out all the old classics and new venues. With the 1.2-mile Myrtle Beach Boardwalk adjoining the resort property, guests can take a short stroll down the oceanfront walkway to the Hot Summer Nights concert series, the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel and more. They’re also not far from these new and coming attractions in 2017:
* Carolina Country Music Fest: OK, so this is the third annual event, but this year’s star-studded lineup takes this three-day downtown party to the next level. Country music icons Darius Rucker, Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean headline this June 9-11 shindig for 30,000 people on the scenic Myrtle Beach oceanfront, and Bay View at the Boardwalk guests are only steps away from all the action. Tickets are going fast, so book your tickets and room reservations now.
* Dave & Buster’s: The popular chain of arcades/sports bars makes its Grand Strand debut this spring at Broadway at the Beach. Taking over the old pyramid building that formerly housed the Hard Rock Cafe (which moved a few doors down in the Celebrity Square district), Dave & Buster’s offers good food and drink options and great times playing the video games, which range from sports-themed amusements to the latest in high-tech, virtual-reality games. D&B’s is set to open in May.
* Myrtle Beach Room Escape: The latest trend in group gaming has opened its doors in downtown Myrtle Beach, and the challenge for patrons is to try to do the same — open a door to escape by solving clues, puzzles and riddles before the one-hour deadline. Myrtle Beach Room Escape uses fictional scenarios in realistic surroundings to put your crew’s problem-solving skills to the test. It offers several different games to choose from, including the Walking Dead Zombie Escape, Jail Break and Island Dungeon Escape.
* Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen: It’s suppertime, y’all, and the Queen of Southern Cuisine herself is serving it up in heaping helpings at Broadway at the Beach. Celebrity comfort-food chef and restaurateur Paula Deen brings her latest creation to Myrtle Beach with a family-dining concept that brings the buffet to your table. Platters of Deen’s favorite dishes, like fried chicken, smothered steak and country-style vegetables, are brought to the table so patrons can fill their own plates with their favorites. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, but its most popular course might be Deen’s famous desserts.
* The Track Family Recreation Center: Get your motor running and head north on Kings Highway to this new family fun center on Restaurant Row. Featuring five go-kart tracks and other amusements, The Track has something for all ages. The arcade offers a wide selection of fun activities for the little ones, while those with a need for speed can settle it on the racetrack. The Track is surrounded by some of the Grand Strand’s best restaurants, so this is the perfect place to take the family out for a night filled with dinner and fun.
Even with all of the fun new things to do in Myrtle Beach, some things never change — like the magic of a vacation at Bay View on the Boardwalk. Experience our oceanfront accommodations, modern amenities and Southern hospitality for the perfect getaway in downtown Myrtle Beach.